What is art anyway? So I’m asking a lot of people: that’s you. This question is what our first homework Assignment is about. Your assignment is to do just what Georgia suggests: ask yourself about the definition of Art. Have you ever given it a thought!!? Ask family members, friends, artists you know: see what they know. Ask a lot of questions. SEE MY PROMPTS BELOW. Make notes. Lots of them. Maybe you have a Facebook or Twitter conversation about this with friends.
WHAT TO POST: Look over your notes and edit. Summarize. Draw out the salient ideas and enter your response in the Discussion. This needs to be in the form of a written discussion (by you), NOT SIMPLY A LIST of your responses. You will post it in your Discussion Group. Everyone makes an initial contribution (your ideas about ‘what is art’), then come back & respond to at least one other contribution by a colleague. (FOR A TOTAL OF 2 CONTRIBUTIONS: one must be your original contribution).
Think about these questions & make up your own (these are just to get you going; please don’t just answer in rote fashion & please do not re-post with your response):
- What is art?
- What is the function and nature of art? Everything within a culture has a function, doesn’t it?
- What are the characteristics of art?
- Is everything art?
- Can art be harmful? Damaging?
- Can art be ugly?
- Can Koko the gorilla really make art?
- What about children’s art? Is it more intuitive? More human? Do they need to learn to draw!!??
- Does art have to be about beauty? (what is beauty anyway?)
- Who should decide what is art?
- Is everyone creative?
- Are creativity & art the same thing?
- What do I need or want from art (as a viewer)?
- What about art & functionality? If it’s useful, is it art? Is graphic design art?
- How much does art impact you & your life?
- Is it valid to even ask any of these questions?
- Who is an artist? Anyone who picks up a paintbrush?
- What are the most important skills an artist can have?
- Where do artists find inspiration?
- At what point does one become an artist?
- what about art like graffiti that destroys or ruins another person’s property?
- what’s the artist’s responsibility? Role?
- what’s the viewer’s responsibility? Role?
- what about art that is a biohazard? Or art that is harmful to the artist (ie: self-mutilation, yes, it’s out there)?
- does art or a creative practice have a place or role in your life?
•DUE: by Sunday, 13 September, no later than midnight.
Here, you can get a writer to help you with a variety of written assignments. We write essays, research papers, term papers, coursework, article critique, annotated bibliography, reaction paper, research proposal, discussion, and even dissertations. The service is available 24/7 and there are more than 200 essay writers to choose from.
If you are seeking for fast and reliable essay help, you got on the right page. Our essay writing services are quick, discrete and professional and it takes only 5 minutes to place an order! After that, it is all handled for you! Once we have your project specifications, we do all the legwork associated with getting your project done by the best writer possible in the shortest amount of time.