In this assignment, you will build an interactive dashboard to explore the Belly Button Biodiversity dataset (http://robdunnlab.com/projects/belly-button-biodiversity/), which catalogs the microbes that colonize human navels.
The dataset reveals that a small handful of microbial species (also called operational taxonomic units, or OTUs, in the study) were present in more than 70% of people, while the rest were relatively rare.
Step 1: Plotly
- Use the D3 library to read in
- Create a horizontal bar chart with a dropdown menu to display the top 10 OTUs found in that individual.
sample_valuesas the values for the bar chart.
otu_idsas the labels for the bar chart.
otu_labelsas the hovertext for the chart.
- Create a bubble chart that displays each sample.
otu_idsfor the x values.
sample_valuesfor the y values.
sample_valuesfor the marker size.
otu_idsfor the marker colors.
otu_labelsfor the text values.
- Display the sample metadata, i.e., an individual’s demographic information.
- Display each key-value pair from the metadata JSON object somewhere on the page.
- Update all of the plots any time that a new sample is selected.
Additionally, you are welcome to create any layout that you would like for your dashboard. An example dashboard is shown below:
- You will need to modify the example gauge code to account for values ranging from 0 through 9.
- Update the chart whenever a new sample is selected.
- Deploy your app to a free static page hosting service, such as GitHub Pages. Submit the links to your deployment and your GitHub repo.
- Ensure your repository has regular commits (i.e. 20+ commits) and a thorough README.md file
- Refer to the Plotly.js documentation when building the plots.
Here, you can get a writer to help you with a variety of written assignments. We write essays, research papers, term papers, coursework, article critique, annotated bibliography, reaction paper, research proposal, discussion, and even dissertations. The service is available 24/7 and there are more than 200 essay writers to choose from.
If you are seeking for fast and reliable essay help, you got on the right page. Our essay writing services are quick, discrete and professional and it takes only 5 minutes to place an order! After that, it is all handled for you! Once we have your project specifications, we do all the legwork associated with getting your project done by the best writer possible in the shortest amount of time.