Assignment question wk 2 PRAC
· Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
· Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
CASE STUDY TO FOLLOW
Golden Green is 55 years old Caucasian male born in New-York moved to Florida in 1986, complained of feeling anxious, depressed, with diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder. Reported he lost his twin brother recently to suicide. His dog died last month; he is a disabled due to history of seizures.
G. Green seen at the clinic reported feeling depressed and lonely, Patient denies suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, hallucination and distorted thinking, said “ I have pain on my lower back that is chronic” pain 5/10 like dull, the pain never moved around. Do smoke ½ pack of cigarette daily, denies use of alcohol, or any illicit drugs use.
Reported appetite is good, energy is low and no problem sleeping at night. Stated “ I need a girlfriend; I don’t want to be lonely”
All his vaccine is up to date.
Anxiety rate is 5
Depression rate is 10
Have good family support.
Past medical problem: type 2 diabetic meallitus, seizures, Obesed, migraine, lower back pain.
Past psychiatric history: Major depression, Anxiety, Alcohol dependence.
Allergy – NKA
Lantus insulin sub. 40 units twice a day
Carbamazepine oral 400mg twice a day
Acetaminophen oral 650mg every 4-6 hours for pain
Wellbutrin XL orally 150mg twice daily
Hydroxyzine tab 50mg PRN
Multivitamin tab twice daily
OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATION
Excedrin tab PRN for headache
Bowel movement normal with no constipation or diarrhea.
Shower every other day.
Patient said he is coping with life, by accepting things the way it is and move on with my life and have plan to look for job in by working on the computer to do graphic design so that he can have his own apartment to himself and be productive.
The post Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders appeared first on Myessaythinkers.com.
Here, you can get a writer to help you with a variety of written assignments. We write essays, research papers, term papers, coursework, article critique, annotated bibliography, reaction paper, research proposal, discussion, and even dissertations. The service is available 24/7 and there are more than 200 essay writers to choose from.
If you are seeking for fast and reliable essay help, you got on the right page. Our essay writing services are quick, discrete and professional and it takes only 5 minutes to place an order! After that, it is all handled for you! Once we have your project specifications, we do all the legwork associated with getting your project done by the best writer possible in the shortest amount of time.